Date: September 2012
To: FIT AAS candidates
From: The UCE Leadership Scholarship Awards Committee, Prof. Philip J.
Milio, Committee Chair, voice mail (212) 217-4133,
Re: Nominating Guidelines for the 2013 UCE Leadership Scholarship
The selection process for UCE Leadership Scholarship Awards begins with you. Scholarship awards are possible for graduating two-year AAS candidates who continue their education at FIT in an upper division program. The scholarships are up to $3,000.
We are asking you to self-nominate if you are a two-year AAS candidates with a 3.25 GPA or higher. The candidate must have clearly demonstrated Leadership & Community Service. Candidates must be eligible to attend Commencement in May 2013, and must be a full time FIT upper division student in the Fall of 2013 in Art & Design or Business & Technology.
Minimum requirements for all of the UCE Leadership Scholarships are:
- Leadership: active in FIT student life and home communities;
- Scholarship: a GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- Will be an FIT upper division student in Fall 2013;
- An interview by the entire Scholarship Committee.
- Complete the two-year FIT AAS program by May 2013;
- Each nominated student must complete a detailed questionnaire;
- Nominee must be eligible to participate in AAS commencement ceremonies in May;
- Maximum of 6 transfer credits towards their FIT AAS degree.
- Nominees must provide three letters of reference (at least two from FIT faculty).
There are five different awards. One has the minimum requirements listed above. In addition, there are further requirements for the four named awards – they are the Louis Stollar, George Levinson, Joseph Garofalo and Judith Parkas scholarships.
Please complete the attached questionnaire and it them with a photocopy of your Spring 2013 class schedule and your Fall audit-- delivered in a sealed envelope -- by hand to Prof. Philip J. Milio, in the UCE office, Room B902, by 3:00pm on Thursday, February 7, 2013. Letters of recommendation must be mailed directly by your references.
The UCE Scholarship Awards Committee will screen nominated students for their Leadership, Service & Academic qualifications regarding these awards. The committee will interview final candidates.
2013 Scholarship Questionnaire
2013 Recommendation Letters
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street
New York City 10001-5992