Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, Room B902
New York City 10001-5992
phone: 212.217.3370 fax: 212.217.3371
Scholarships are awarded by the UCE Scholarship Fund annually. The
student must have contributed as a leader to FIT and their home
community during their two years at FIT. The Leadership – Scholarship award of up to $3,000 is presented upon the start of the fall semester.
The minimum requirements for all of the leadership scholarships are:
- Leadership ~ active in FIT student life and home communities;
- Scholarship ~ a minimum GPA of 3.25;
- Complete the two-year FIT AAS program;
- Accepted into an FIT upper division program in the fall semester;
- Maximum of 6 college transfer credits towards their FIT AAS degree;
- Each nominated student must complete a detailed questionnaire;
- Eligible to participate in AAS commencement ceremonies in May;
- Recommended by a club advisor or faculty member.
There are five different awards. One has the minimum requirements listed above. In addition, there are further requirements for the four named awards – they are the Louis Stollar, George Levinson, Joseph Garofalo and Judith Parkas scholarships.
The UCE Scholarship Awards Committee screens completed questionnaires & interviews select nominees for leadership, service & academic qualifications. The committee names the final candidates. Formal announcement of winners takes place at the Deans’ awards ceremony and names are printed in the Commencement Booklet.
SCHOLARSHIP FUND TRUSTEES
Isabella Bertoletti, President
Eric Ramirez, Executive Vice President
Paul Clement, VP of Finance/Treasurer
Loretta Volpe, VP of Communications
Contributions are welcome at any time. Please make your check payable to the UCE Scholarship Fund and mail it to: UCE Scholarship Fund
Seventh Avenue at West 27th Street, Room B902
New York, NY 10001
Contributions are tax deductible under section 170 of the IRS code.
We are a private foundation as recognized by the IRS.